Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#622 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,674 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

It's funny looking back 8 years ago, at all the doom and gloom, the sky is falling predictions the right made about the incoming Obama presidency. I sure hope in 4-8 years we can look back on the 2016 Election thread, and laugh at all the "sky is falling" predictions the left is making about Trump
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#623 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 26 November 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's funny looking back 8 years ago, at all the doom and gloom, the sky is falling predictions the right made about the incoming Obama presidency. I sure hope in 4-8 years we can look back on the 2016 Election thread, and laugh at all the "sky is falling" predictions the left is making about Trump

8 years ago we were still in the middle of the great recession so a lot of anxiety wasn't too crazy.

Now the economy is actually is good shape but the new President is crazy so a lot of anxiety should be expected.

The people who I follow with the most concern about Trump are actually not lefties but sane never-Trump Republicans. They're familiar with who the Trump team actually are and it scares the shit out of them, especially the foreign policy experts and the honest economics and finance people who know that the combination of standard tax cuts for the rich combined with Trump's anti-trade bias will be bad for the economy overall.
Bob

#624 SilentSnow

SilentSnow

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 26 November 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Don't be too hopeful. Democrats and Republicans are not at all the same. Almost no one thought that W would possibly be as bad as he turned out to be. Also, Obama had fanatical opposition from Republicans and couldn't do much for 6 of the 8 years without the House. In the first 2 years Obama made the huge mistake of trying to cooperate with Republicans. Trump is starting off with control of everything and won't even pretend to listen to the majority that voted against him.

"I am a series of electronic pulses in a vast array of networked silicon lifeforms."

#625 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:38 PM

The majority didn't vote against him. The majority stayed home.

The GOP candidate had less votes in 2016 than in 2012 or 2008, when they lost both times.

Dems (and repubs) just HATED Hillary, and chose to accept Trump rather than bother leaving their house for a few minutes.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#626 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:52 AM

I guess that depends on where you live, in my area it was the largest turnout anyone can remember...of course I live in one of the blue wall states that flipped. Ever voting location was mobbed from open to close. Obviously the silent majority in action again. My 18yr son wanted to wear his make America great hat but I wouldn't let him!
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#627 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,921 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

View Postscuudagouch, on 28 November 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

in my area it was the largest turnout anyone can remember

"Many people are saying"

#628 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:12 PM

well dub when a state flipped from blue to the red for the first time in 30 years...something relevant had to happen. if you know anything about what you are talking about - wait - well never mind we already know you don't. the election numbers wouldn't matter you anyway.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#629 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

(((Yair Rosenberg))) ‏@Yair_Rosenberg 5h5 hours ago
That moment when the alt-right started to realize that they were just the latest of Trump's contractors to be stiffed:

Posted Image
Bob

#630 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

Swamp status:

[] Drained
[] Not Drained
[x] Filled

Clinton Jail Status:
[] Jailed
[] Not jailed
[x] So not jailed they are mulling over Patreus for a Cabinet position
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#631 LMDIZZLE

LMDIZZLE

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit anything

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on 11 November 2008 - 07:43 AM, said:

I have no idea what you just said, right here, in this post. No idea.

That's because it makes no sense as I am commenting about the American Indian on a post about Hindus.

I remember this post......and those tables back in the day.

The only thing I can sort of stand by is the American Indian having it bad comment. I say sort of only because the American Black Man has certainly been given the old Lucille treatment pretty good over the past 8 years, and given the past slavery snafu.....may have eclipsed the Indians.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users