Absolutely Genius Spin

Ann Coulter has no shame? News!
Why?Quoting the title of the book written by Robert F Williams?First published in 1962, "Negroes with Guns" is the story of a southern black community's struggle to arm itself in self-defense against the Ku Klux Klan and other racist groups. Frustrated and angered by violence condoned or abetted by the local authorities against blacks, the small community of Monroe, North Carolina, brought the issue of armed self-defense to the forefront of the civil rights movement. The single most important intellectual influence on Huey P. Newton, the founder of the Black Panther Party, "Negroes with Guns" is a classic story of a man who risked his life for democracy and freedom.I understand why you democrats miss the issue. You've basically rewritten most of history from 1980 and back.
sure
Glad to see you aren't biting on this one. These people are just plain not in touch with reality. Don't most hardcore outspoken racists come from red states? South Carolina, Mississippi. Baffling really. Jon Stewart should run a democrat's campaign and just use the rights double talk and bs against them. Sadly, most of the left talk out of their ass ass well
Don't most hardcore outspoken racists come from red states? South Carolina, Mississippi.
Yeah, the OP calls it genius spin, and while I think it is entertaining spin, I wouldn't call it genius. I'd call it grossly misleading. in mid 60's the racist white wing of the southern democratic party left the party en masse because of the passing of the Civil Rights Act, which was the final stake in the heart of blacks being republicans in any substantive numbers ( the shift toward the party began in the north with the FDR New Deal alliance, and was finalized in the 60's). I would guess that there would be less than 1% of the current KKK that are registered democrats ( or any white nationalist group, really)I wish people would stop treating Ann as a pundant and treat her like the comedian that she is. She's a funny troll but people take her too seriously as a legitimate commentator, both on the right and left. There's no reason anyone should be reporting on jokes a comedian tells.

You, you're good McGee. I've taken quite a shine to you lately. You've got your shit together. I mean, if blacks started arming en masse, legally, republicans would change the gun laws instantly. I remember them shitting the bed when Obama was putting together his secret army. Ridic

You, you're good McGee. I've taken quite a shine to you lately. You've got your shit together. I mean, if blacks started arming en masse, legally, republicans would change the gun laws instantly. I remember them shitting the bed when Obama was putting together his secret army. Ridic
Wait, are you trying to imply that black people have a hard time getting a hold of guns?

I think you're wrong about that, Ron. The NRA/gun toting right is against all gun laws, even the ones that prohibit them from felons or prohibit hand guns in cities ( two big african american demographics). I think they just assume all negros have guns illegally, and that's part of the reason they want to be packing.

I suppose. I just equated it to the redisttricting that happens when it becomes tough to win elections, the voting districts get reset. And no brv, I believe any non felon can get a gun easily, white or black. Hell, I notarized 4 concealed carry permits last week at the bank. That makes me nervous. Then again, I do work in Sanford, where black kids get shot

I suppose. I just equated it to the redisttricting that happens when it becomes tough to win elections, the voting districts get reset. And no brv, I believe any non felon can get a gun easily, white or black. Hell, I notarized 4 concealed carry permits last week at the bank. That makes me nervous. Then again, I do work in Sanford, where black kids get shot
got it, explains the problem
got it, explains the problem
Do tell. I don't get it. Am I incorrect? I plead ignorance with guns and gun laws. Please show me the error of my way
Yeah, the OP calls it genius spin, and while I think it is entertaining spin, I wouldn't call it genius. I'd call it grossly misleading. in mid 60's the racist white wing of the southern democratic party left the party en masse because of the passing of the Civil Rights Act, which was the final stake in the heart of blacks being republicans in any substantive numbers ( the shift toward the party began in the north with the FDR New Deal alliance, and was finalized in the 60's). I would guess that there would be less than 1% of the current KKK that are registered democrats ( or any white nationalist group, really)I wish people would stop treating Ann as a pundant and treat her like the comedian that she is. She's a funny troll but people take her too seriously as a legitimate commentator, both on the right and left. There's no reason anyone should be reporting on jokes a comedian tells.
Ever look at the democrat leaders who were fighting the Civil Rights Act?Democrat Senators organized the record Senate filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Included among the organizers were several prominent and well known liberal Democrat standard bearers including: - Robert Byrd, senator from West Virginia till 2008 - J. William Fulbright, Arkansas senator and political mentor of Bill Clinton - Albert Gore Sr., Tennessee senator, father and political mentor of Al Gore. Gore Jr. has been known to lie about his father's opposition to the Civil Rights Act. - Sam Ervin, North Carolina senator of Watergate hearings fame - Richard Russell, famed Georgia senator and later President Pro TemporeNot exactly a list of people who joined the republican party...You can pretend that democrats 'changed' but the truth is they didn't. They just switched from outspoken racists, to 'let's help those poor people who can't take care of themselves because they are animals', kind of racists.Algore came up with Midnight Basketball to keep poor blacks busy so they wouldn't commit crimes.You think you guys would have given Bush a pass on that?Nope, the democrats in this country have done more harm to blacks in this country than the Klu Klux Klan ever could hope. I guess the '24 Democrat convention was their brain storming venue...

And the notion that the racists that made up the majority of the democrat party left the democrats and joined the republicans falls in the face of reality:

Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Act was substantial enough to literally split the party in two. A whopping 40% of the House Democrats VOTED AGAINST the Civil Rights Act, while 80% of Republicans SUPPORTED it. Republican support in the Senate was even higher. Similar trends occurred with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which was supported by 82% of House Republicans and 94% of Senate Republicans. The same Democrat standard bearers took their normal racists stances, this time with Senator Fulbright leading the opposition effort.It took the hard work of Republican Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen and Republican Whip Thomas Kuchel to pass the Civil Rights Act (Dirksen was presented a civil rights accomplishment award for the year by the head of the NAACP in recognition of his efforts). Upon breaking the Democrat filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republican Dirksen took to the Senate floor and exclaimed "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!" (Full text of speech). Sadly, Democrats and revisionist historians have all but forgotten (and intentionally so) that it was Republican Dirksen, not the divided Democrats, who made the Civil Rights Act a reality. Dirksen also broke the Democrat filibuster of the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was signed by Republican President Eisenhower.
Please explain using actual history and not democrat spin revisionism why a KKK member would leave the party that fought the hardest to stop the Civil Rights Act and join the party that did the most to pass it....?
  • 3 weeks later...
And the notion that the racists that made up the majority of the democrat party left the democrats and joined the republicans falls in the face of reality:QUOTEDemocrat opposition to the Civil Rights Act was substantial enough to literally split the party in two. A whopping 40% of the House Democrats VOTED AGAINST the Civil Rights Act, while 80% of Republicans SUPPORTED it. Republican support in the Senate was even higher. Similar trends occurred with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which was supported by 82% of House Republicans and 94% of Senate Republicans. The same Democrat standard bearers took their normal racists stances, this time with Senator Fulbright leading the opposition effort.It took the hard work of Republican Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen and Republican Whip Thomas Kuchel to pass the Civil Rights Act (Dirksen was presented a civil rights accomplishment award for the year by the head of the NAACP in recognition of his efforts). Upon breaking the Democrat filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republican Dirksen took to the Senate floor and exclaimed "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!" (Full text of speech). Sadly, Democrats and revisionist historians have all but forgotten (and intentionally so) that it was Republican Dirksen, not the divided Democrats, who made the Civil Rights Act a reality. Dirksen also broke the Democrat filibuster of the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was signed by Republican President Eisenhower.Please explain using actual history and not democrat spin revisionism why a KKK member would leave the party that fought the hardest to stop the Civil Rights Act and join the party that did the most to pass it....?
And yet blacks still became dems. Seems to me that blacks are less concerned with being discriminated against, then not getting freebies from the gov.
And yet blacks still became dems. Seems to me that blacks are less concerned with being discriminated against, then not getting freebies from the gov.
hard to believe.
I never understand flaming lib jews.Seriously could you explain how a jew can side with a party that is openly hostile to IsraelNevermind I just answered my own question.
Sure is tough for me to wrap my brain around why people associate the Republican party with racism.
Sure is tough for me to wrap my brain around why people associate the Republican party with racism.
I'll help.Liberals and many democrats all base their entire world view on feelings.They think this makes them noble and altruistic.Since their beliefs are their truth, they must justify themselves by assuming they know how everyone feels.Since they view themselves as caring about the poor blacks who can't help themselves by funding a program to toss them a basketball at midnight to 'help them not commit crimes'...they then pat themselves on the back as being better than the republicans who did not think of this first.Now democrats and liberals are really bad at things that contain numbers. Things like budgets and science. So you almost can't blame them for not following along with a simple deduction about what their beliefs mean.They think that since they are not racist by virtue of thinking they are not, that therefore anyone who doesn't march lockstep with them must be racist. No facts about their driving the black family into welfare poverty hell after 50 years of democrat involvement can help them, finding out Zimmerman was a democrat, doesn't change it, they 'know' republicans are all racist, even black republicans.

Thanks for the explanation. I can completely see how that relates to the quoted posts discussing "flaming lib jews," idiotically misunderstanding the relationship of jews to israel and dismissing all blacks as immoral freeloaders.