Chinese Poker Challenge

It was only a matter of time before someone created this thread...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of minimum value hands do you put at the bottom.Say you can get a flush/pair/high card or 2 pair/pair/pair which do you go for? I'd tend to go for the latter but I've no idea if I'm playing it right.If you can make a boat do you automatically place that, say boat/pair/pair, or go for trips/2 pair/pair.

So, if I have 2 pair to split up between top and bottom, do I put them both in the 2 hand or split them up to create a pair on top?
[ ] I have a clue[x] I have no clue.

pt specialEDIT was it pt special at our table? ...I think so... but it is kind of bugging me...

-72 points in about 30 minutes. I suck bad.
That was sick to watch. There were soo many huge hands that you were up against....Although, I was happy to be one of the beneficiaries...
What sort of minimum value hands do you put at the bottom.Say you can get a flush/pair/high card or 2 pair/pair/pair which do you go for? I'd tend to go for the latter but I've no idea if I'm playing it right.If you can make a boat do you automatically place that, say boat/pair/pair, or go for trips/2 pair/pair.
The first scenario i would play the flush in the back otherwise you are pretty much giving up the back hand since two pair in the back means i know im handing out a lot cash to ppl. One pair in the middle is fine and if you have a lone ace or king for the high card up front its not so bad. The second one you have here is a little bit more tricky. The trips in the back is still not very good, but two pair in the middle wins a decent amount of the time along with a pair up front. So i dont belive teh boat is automatic espcially if the rest of you hand only contains weak pairs. I wouldnt be thrilled with a smallish pair in the middle and a weak pair up front, if all it gives me is a boat in the back.
if your opponents are playing bottom heavy hands, then i'd def do the latter. if the flush is ace or king high and the top hand would be ace high, however, i would maybe lean toward the former.so yeah, it depends :club:
I'm very tempted to make another challenge thread to make sure that you look stupid for putting 'newest' challenge thread in the title. :club:
Based on the number of challenge threads out there, I imagine I have 2 weeks max before the title of my thread is made inaccurate and I appear ignorant. I knew this when I created this thread, and I will stand by it and accept the consequences.Until that time comes to pass, I will revel in the bubble of false hope that my thread title will never become a false statement. After all, ignorance is bliss.

Ok I'm back, but I lost my seat. I only had about half an hour before I had to leave anyway, so no worries, scotty can keep it. I owe someone (or a group of people) a total of $14. Just let me know who to ship to: I can only ship over Stars. I will be going out this evening, so if the game lasts longer than ~40 minutes, I won't be able to ship until I get home late tonight.Just post the info here and I will post when I have shipped it.EDIT: I see you already left, scotty. I will only be at the table for another 1/2 hour or so... You're welcome to take my place after that

Seat open at table 12.