I was playing 10/20 on partypoker, I had about 300 in front of me, whihc is about what I wen to the table with, wasn't getting anything great, but holding my owne. There was an extremely aggressive/moron at the table w/ almost 6000, and would raise almost ever flop w/ any type of Ace, a 3, K 10, K j. He rasies and I have KK, I 3 bet it, he caps it. No problem Im just praying no Ace on the flop and I have him. Flop is 10 5 2 rainbow, he bets I raise, he 3 best it, I cap it. I'm like ok, either JJ, QQ, or AA. Turn is a q, for a board of 10 5 2 Q raind bow, he checks I bet, and he rasies, I was like shit, but I still think I had him, no I thought AQ was very likely, I 3 bet it again, and he capped it. Now was sure it was AQ, QQ, or AA, river was a beatutiful K. He bets I raise, he 3 bets, I cap.Hwhat do u think he flips over? OH yeah you guess it AJ, for the nut straight. Is there any other way I could play it? I mean he 3 bet me on the turn w/ a gut shot. I mean I had to think he had QQ right? :oops:

The way you talk about him playing makes it sound like you did everything right. Some people will play anything especially on Party Poker where they want people like you who know what they are doing, to give your $ over to the fish. Change sites, you'll have more success elsewhere, good luck.

lol wow hahaha talk about a maniac. I don't think you went wrong anwhere in this hand. You would have misplayed the hand had you just checked it or just called his bets and not jammed the pot up. You want your money in when your ahead in the hand. Now on the river, I don't know about capping it, because usally even a maniac will only call a bet when they think they're beat, they won't raise like that when they know they're beat, so if ke keeps re-raising and you're holding trip k's, you need to be a bit suspicious, even though it would be hard to see how he could have possibly hit the straight with the way he played it. I know suckouts like this suck ass, but you need to try and remember that these are the players you want to play against.The way he played it seemed like he rigged the cards to come out the way they did. I mean capping a raise with AJ on the flop when you totally miss it, check-raising the turn when he has a gutshot straight draw. I think the guy might be psychic, because he played his hand for the most profit possible. haha ok I'm just kidding about that, but hey makes you think sometimes :D

The hand was played so incredibly stupid by this player that I almost don't believe what your saying. Especially for a guy who has over $6000 with him at the table... you'd think he knows better.If however it is true i do not fault your play at all since you had prior knowledge of knowing this guy to be a maniac. Just bite your lip and say I'll get him next time.

This is where i really question the integrity of party poker. This guy has gotten his stack to $6000. Thats a ridiculous amount. I don't think it's offbase to say that he has hacked into the system. I mean, he capped the flop with a backdoor straigh draw and with two overcards. Very questionable.

• 4 weeks later...

IMHO you played the hand very well with info at hand until the river where i question the cap. You maximized value but when he came back over the top for 3 bets on the end I think I put the breaks on right there. I suspect you were thinking only of your hand and lost sight of the board possibilites... thus hitting raise as fast as you could. Maniacs even know you won't lay down with the pot that large on anything but an outright missed draw, which didn't seem possible from your betting. With 2 ways for a str8 possible on the board (as unlikely as it was), I keep the extra bet and see his cards by just calling.