investors nervous about empire

any industry is gonna suffer swings in earnings. Look at the economy, disasters, higher gas prices, higher interest rates = less money to spend on "fun" activities, namely poker. Good ol' trickle down effect.

My guess is that ultimately you'll have 3 or 4 major poker sites left to duke it out. It's like that in many areas of commerce.Discount Retailer: WalMart, Target, KMart...Fast Food Burgers: McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's...American Autos: Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet...In many cases it's only two competing: Coke and Pepsi; Amazon and Barnes and Noble.I know what you are thinking... what about In-n-Out Burger, etc... most of the time these are regional or specialty chains.I'm talking national here.It's happening in the U.S. airline industry right now as well. We very well may end up with 3 or 4 major airlines that service all the U.S., plus a number of regional airlines.So bottom line... in the end, my guess is only Party Poker, Full Tilt, Paradise and Ultimate Bet will survive. I say this only because they seem to have established themselves the best, and have the most agressive marketing campaigns.

My guess is that ultimately you'll have 3 or 4 major poker sites left to duke it out.  It's like that in many areas of commerce.Discount Retailer:  WalMart, Target, KMart...Fast Food Burgers:  McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's...American Autos:  Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet...In many cases it's only two competing:  Coke and Pepsi;  Amazon and Barnes and Noble.I know what you are thinking... what about In-n-Out Burger, etc... most of the time these are regional or specialty chains.I'm talking national here.It's happening in the U.S. airline industry right now as well.  We very well may end up with 3 or 4 major airlines that service all the U.S., plus a number of regional airlines.So bottom line... in the end, my guess is only Party Poker, Full Tilt, Paradise and Ultimate Bet will survive.   I say this only because they seem to have established themselves the best, and have the most agressive marketing campaigns.
Well said
So bottom line... in the end, my guess is only Party Poker, Full Tilt, Paradise and Ultimate Bet will survive.   I say this only because they seem to have established themselves the best, and have the most agressive marketing campaigns.
Um Pokerstars?
and poker room? those sites are getting bigger and more fishier every day
pokerroom will never compete with pokerstars, UB, Party, and FT ...Pokerroom however,has business as long as the "Big 4" dont start a java version of their software. PR will do fine with the mac users.
So bottom line... in the end, my guess is only Party Poker, Full Tilt, Paradise and Ultimate Bet will survive. I say this only because they seem to have established themselves the best, and have the most agressive marketing campaigns.
Um Pokerstars?
Ok... I'll swap out Paradise for PokerStars.I personally gave up playing online, so I forget who the biggies are now.I'm getting better reads on tells in the B&M rooms. (sw)
So bottom line... in the end, my guess is only Party Poker, Full Tilt, Paradise and Ultimate Bet will survive. I say this only because they seem to have established themselves the best, and have the most agressive marketing campaigns.
Um Pokerstars?
Ok... I'll swap out Paradise for PokerStars.I personally gave up playing online, so I forget who the biggies are now.I'm getting better reads on tells in the B&M rooms. (sw)
They're a better bet than Paradise, but they really suck, and I think without a major overhaul of the software, they will fade out as well.Full Tilt will be the biggest in a few years.
Um Pokerstars?
They're a better bet than Paradise, but they really suck, and I think without a major overhaul of the software, they will fade out as well.Full Tilt will be the biggest in a few years.
you talking about the pokerstars software? I actually think the interface is the best of any site I play on. Simple and clear, easy to look at. You can choose your own avatar, it rarely if ever lags. I have no problem with the software on stars, if that's what you're referring to.
The best two sites are definitely pokerstars and full tilt. They definitley know what they are doing, with everything, interface, tournaments, marketing, etc.
Well you got it half right.
The best two sites are definitely pokerstars and full tilt. They definitley know what they are doing, with everything, interface, tournaments, marketing, etc.
hell no...i got it completely right.and if you are going to say i am wrong then give an explanation
hell no...i got it completely right.and if you are going to say i am wrong then give an explanation
Pokerstars downfalls have been discussed at length already... I'd really rather not get into it again.But it's simple... if you think pokerstars is a good site, then you must not have played at very many sites.
what about 888 and all the euro sites. those are still going to be popular
Pacific's software is the worst anywhere. It's only popular because it's full of fish, and if they ever allow multitabling, the fish won't be as populous. So it'll fade out quick.
pokerstars is not gonna fade out anytime soon, software overhaul or not.
If that's the truth... then it's sad.
There's nothing wrong with the RNG. Nothing.If there was simply a problem with the RNG and hands weren't rigged by PS, it would be mind-numbingly easy to detect.If you're so sure that something is wrong, instead of spending all your time on forums talking about it, go onto pokerstars and start logging hands. When you find these statistical anamolies you can report them back to the poker community. Otherwise, stop. Seriously.