Canadian Dollar On Par With The Us Dollar:)

Hehehe no more Canadian dollar jokes. I remember a few years back when it cost me $1650 to buy $1000US. Who knows by the end of the day are dollar might be worth more. Just about time to start buying US real estate.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

propaganda. he's trying to throw us off the scent and hoard it all for himself a la bourbon-strat.

Yes we definatetely need a new floor what is considered rich. Millionaire became a popular term to deem the wealthy in the early 80's, but it does not mean much anymore. I have many clients that are "

the chest-pounding re: parity in this thread was cringe-worthy.

Hehehe no more Canadian dollar jokes. I remember a few years back when it cost me $1650 to buy $1000US. Who knows by the end of the day are dollar might be worth more. Just about time to start buying US real estate.
how far the mighty US has fallen...It looks good on them , and their cocky ignorant view of the world...

LOL!People who haven't graduated from 7th grade economics class.The value of a currency is based on a lot of things. For example, the Kuwaiti Dinar is valued higher than the US Dollar. A large part of the reason the US dollar is facing some devaluation has to do with extremely complex economic factors that probably wouldn't be understood by people who say stuff like Serge just did.Still, even if the US dollar were to find itself worth LESS than the Canadian dollar, it wouldn't change the fact that we're a massively more productive, innovative and important nation when compared to Canada, who could fall off the face of the earth and no one would really notice.We are "arrogant" for the same reason any winner is arrogant. And like losers, they are quick to point out any unfavorable circumstance that occurs with the winner because it makes their own irrelevancy and failure sting just a little less (like those shows in Europe where they do "man on the street" segments, asking the dumbest possible Americans simple geography and civics questions as if to show just how "dumb" Americans are. We could certainly do the same sort of show, asking dumb Canadians or Europeans simple questions and then showing the morons, but Americans wouldn't watch it, because we don't care about you)

At least we'll always have "Canadians are morons" jokes.
Meh. I don't think this thread is going to last.
LOL!People who haven't graduated from 7th grade economics class.The value of a currency is based on a lot of things. For example, the Kuwaiti Dinar is valued higher than the US Dollar. A large part of the reason the US dollar is facing some devaluation has to do with extremely complex economic factors that probably wouldn't be understood by people who say stuff like Serge just did.Still, even if the US dollar were to find itself worth LESS than the Canadian dollar, it wouldn't change the fact that we're a massively more productive, innovative and important nation when compared to Canada, who could fall off the face of the earth and no one would really notice.We are "arrogant" for the same reason any winner is arrogant. And like losers, they are quick to point out any unfavorable circumstance that occurs with the winner because it makes their own irrelevancy and failure sting just a little less (like those shows in Europe where they do "man on the street" segments, asking the dumbest possible Americans simple geography and civics questions as if to show just how "dumb" Americans are. We could certainly do the same sort of show, asking dumb Canadians or Europeans simple questions and then showing the morons, but Americans wouldn't watch it, because we don't care about you)
you sir have no clue about economics...The US dollar is devalued against every major currency in the world because of the state of the the US economy...Have you seen the real estate market in major US states like California, Florida and Michigan?Have you seen the foreclosure numbers?The fed cut interest rates by a half point...Did they do that because the economy is doing well???COMPLEX ECONOMIC FACTORS...yeah mr intelligent economist explain these COMPLEX economic factors...The United States is no longer a world power in business as China , Japan and most European countries have passed them...And if you have ever been to Europe the view of United States is not of a world power but of a WORLD BUFFOON...Oh by the way what ever happened to the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION??And also tell me in what defines that America as a winner??The wonderful health care system?The huge deficit that is run?The very intelligent leader in the White House?The illiteracy rate?The health of the public?The availability of illegal drugs?The gun problem?All these issues is I guess what makes America so great...hmmmmm

Literacy rates?CanadaLiteracy: definition: age 15 and over can read and writetotal population: 99%male: 99%female: 99% (2003 est.)US Literacy: definition: age 15 and over can read and writetotal population: 99%male: 99%female: 99% (2003 est.)From the CIA Factbook.

Literacy rates?CanadaLiteracy: definition: age 15 and over can read and writetotal population: 99%male: 99%female: 99% (2003 est.)US Literacy: definition: age 15 and over can read and writetotal population: 99%male: 99%female: 99% (2003 est.)From the CIA Factbook.There is no way those numbers are true...99% of the US population or even the Canadian population cant be able to read and write..Unless they are reading the world CAT or BEER
you sir have no clue about economics...The US dollar is devalued against every major currency in the world because of the state of the the US economy...Have you seen the real estate market in major US states like California, Florida and Michigan?Have you seen the foreclosure numbers?The fed cut interest rates by a half point...Did they do that because the economy is doing well???COMPLEX ECONOMIC FACTORS...yeah mr intelligent economist explain these COMPLEX economic factors...The United States is no longer a world power in business as China , Japan and most European countries have passed them...And if you have ever been to Europe the view of United States is not of a world power but of a WORLD BUFFOON...Oh by the way what ever happened to the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION??And also tell me in what defines that America as a winner??The wonderful health care system?Actually, I'll take it over "Socialized Medicine" any day. So will the hordes of Canadians coming over the border to take advantage of our health care system.The huge deficit that is run?Huh?The very intelligent leader in the White House?Bush is a Yale grad. Where'd you go to school?The illiteracy rate?Enjoy Moron:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...y_literacy_rateThe health of the public?Huh?The availability of illegal drugs?Huh?The gun problem?What "gun problem"? Seriously, just because you believe in gun control doesn't mean we have a "gun problem"All these issues is I guess what makes America so great...hmmmmmNo. Americans and legal immigrants dying to get here and work their asses off to reap the rewards and escape the problems of their homelands is what makes America great. Similar to the things that make Canada so great - but I still prefer America, exactly for some of the same "problems" you state. I love having the personal responsibility and freedom of owning a gun. I prefer our Health Care system over that of any country on the planet. I think Bush is a great leader and feel fortunate that Gore was not President of the United States during the crises of the past 7 years.

America is not perfect. If you think it is you are no different than serge thinking Canada is perfect. We all have problems. Regardless of whose proverbial dick is bigger, the dollar losing value is not anything to stand up a cheer about. While serge was blowing some serious crap out of his ahole, he did make a few valid points. Same with scram. But I live in a part of the US that is suffering tremendously by this nations "great" economy. So let's not pretend that the US is sitting pretty right now. That is just living in denial.

I am getting the impression that this came out EXACTLY as strongly as you felt it - a result of your bias against this great country.
not really...I dont have a bias...I actually love the States and usually support them in arguments with my anti-american friends...I just believe that MOST americans dont really know what goes on outside of the country...Just because its on CNN doesnt make it true...And right now the Canadian Economy is a lot stronger than the US..Our housing market, our job market and our social programs are in way better shape...thats all...Nothing else
America is not perfect. If you think it is you are no different than serge thinking Canada is perfect. We all have problems. Regardless of whose proverbial dick is bigger, the dollar losing value is not anything to stand up a cheer about. While serge was blowing some serious crap out of his ahole, he did make a few valid points. Same with scram. But I live in a part of the US that is suffering tremendously by this nations "great" economy. So let's not pretend that the US is sitting pretty right now. That is just living in denial.
you are right...Canada has its problems as well...and I agree with your intelligent post

Hey! No fair. This can't be just a US/Canada fight.Us Aussies have the best country in the world AINEC and us Aussies in the UK earn £££££££££ - 1 of which is TWICE as valuable as your pesky US & Canadian peso'sI only have to wipe my arse with 50's

Can you say "Single State Recession"?Don't worry, the tax hike should fix it.
Hey! No fair. This can't be just a US/Canada fight.Us Aussies have the best country in the world AINEC and us Aussies in the UK earn £££££££££ - 1 of which is TWICE as valuable as your pesky US & Canadian peso'sI only have to wipe my arse with 50's
I don't really know what you just said, but australia has always seemed pretty cool to me. I'd go if I could.