Massive Earthquake Off The Japanese Coast

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An alternate link from AL-Jazeera.http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/Just saw perhaps one of the most disturbing things ive seen on TV, a huge wall of water full of debris coming into that town, there were at least two vans that were driving on the road, they just stopped. Water was behind them, then water in front. The vans were just stuck with no where to go. The water pushed a huge boat right into the roadway, followed by an 18 wheeler along with an unreal amount of debris. I can't fathom the terror the people in the vans experienced.Then the helicopter shot panned away just before the water wall got to them. :club: God be with the people of Japan.

The video of that tidal wave hitting that town was one of the most surreal things ever- probably the most dramatic showing of sudden, natural force I've ever seen; short of a major asteroid strike being caught on tape, I don't think anything will ever surpass it. That was just amazing. Being Japan, I imagine there will be lots of video forthcoming. Over/under on the death toll?Does anyone know the breadth of the destruction? Was it localized or all across Japan? How long before we start seeing some *awesome* Godzilla photoshops?

Is anyone else getting a little bit worried with all these natural disasters happening everywhere? Personally Im freaked out, everyday Im reading in the newspapers, Earthquake in Christchurch, earthquake in China, earhquake in Japan, Tsunami in Japan, Tsunami warnings everywhere. Like wtf man, we got a Tsunami warning in New Zealand for christ's sake, thats the last thing we need. I cant remember this scale of worldwide natural disasters happening similtanously on such a scale. Not to mention the shit going down in the Middle East and Africa. This world is fucked, seriously.Maybe 2012 will be the end.

Is anyone else getting a little bit worried with all these natural disasters happening everywhere? Personally Im freaked out, everyday Im reading in the newspapers, Earthquake in Christchurch, earthquake in China, earhquake in Japan, Tsunami in Japan, Tsunami warnings everywhere. Like wtf man, we got a Tsunami warning in New Zealand for christ's sake, thats the last thing we need. I cant remember this scale of worldwide natural disasters happening similtanously on such a scale. Not to mention the shit going down in the Middle East and Africa. This world is fucked, seriously.Maybe 2012 will be the end.
You do realize that we've been having earthquakes for a while now, right? I'd say at least 150 years, maybe more.There's even evidence to suggest that they might have had a role in killing off the dinosaurs, a thousand or so years before Jesus roamed the earth.

gotta wonder about all those tiny pacific islands out there that were directly in the path of this thing. I mean some of those places aren't but like 8 feet above sea level. have to wonder how many inhabited islands out there simply don't exist anymore.

been watching footage. just horrifying. and i live in the bay area and we just got a tsunami warning. so what does everyone do when they hear that? go out to the piers to get a better look.

been watching footage. just horrifying. and i live in the bay area and we just got a tsunami warning. so what does everyone do when they hear that? go out to the piers to get a better look.
Obviously people trying to get a darwin award...
The video of the Tidal Waves hitting is hard to explain, just devastating to watch.
An alternate link from AL-Jazeera.http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/Just saw perhaps one of the most disturbing things ive seen on TV, a huge wall of water full of debris coming into that town, there were at least two vans that were driving on the road, they just stopped. Water was behind them, then water in front. The vans were just stuck with no where to go. The water pushed a huge boat right into the roadway, followed by an 18 wheeler along with an unreal amount of debris. I can't fathom the terror the people in the vans experienced.Then the helicopter shot panned away just before the water wall got to them. :club: God be with the people of Japan.
The video of that tidal wave hitting that town was one of the most surreal things ever- probably the most dramatic showing of sudden, natural force I've ever seen; short of a major asteroid strike being caught on tape, I don't think anything will ever surpass it. That was just amazing. Being Japan, I imagine there will be lots of video forthcoming. Over/under on the death toll?Does anyone know the breadth of the destruction? Was it localized or all across Japan? How long before we start seeing some *awesome* Godzilla photoshops?
Link?
I tried that, but the first like 5 videos I watched didn't have any vans on a road.

Why are Japanese people so weird? I mean, like 40% of the people carry around surgical masks? Really?