Along with reading books/disusing hand histories, tracking poker results and analyzing stats is probably one of the most the most efficient ways to improve ones poker play. This is because a lot of the time we are either unaware of our true results and/or is easier to lie to ourselves. This is just one of the many reasons why programs like PokerTracker is vital to online play.It is also recommend players keep a detailed spreadsheet tracking their play both online and live. For much of the same reasons listed above, and also to track/manage their bankroll. Using these tools should help you decide where your money is best spent and maximize EV.Poker Play TrackingPokerTracker - Fantastic tool for analyzing your own and opponent's play with meaningful statistics.PokerAce HUD - Best add on program for PokerTracker, which overlays your opponents stats on your table.GameTime+ - Also overlays PT stats on your poker table, and is free.PokerOffice - Similar program to PokerTracker for poker play analysis.DogWatch Handgrabber - For saving Bodog hand histories.PokerGrapher - Creats charts and graphs from your PokerTracker database.PokerEV - A game analysis and session review tool that provides detailed EV statistics.HoldemManager - Poker tracking software much like Pokertracker.SpreadsheetsCwik_PokerSpread - This is a spreadsheet I created myself, I highly recommend it, but I am probably biased.HangukMiguks_Poker_Spreadsheet - A project created by many members on FCP.SNGSpreadsheet - A super spreadsheet for sng's created at the 2+2 forums. Can be a bit intimidating.Poker Tournament Formula Spreadsheet - For calculating tournament speed.Online Resourcesthepokerdb - Great source to see individual players online tournament cashes.Official Poker Ranking - Another good site that shows players MTT scores.Shark Scope - Tracks online SNG's, shows player profit and ROI.Sixth Sense - Table selection tool, helps find the best games on the net.Odds and Equity CalculatorsPokerStove - The best program for figuring out your odds and equity vs a single hand, or range of hands, vs one or multiple opponents, for Hold'Em.CardPlayer Odds Calculator - Online calculator for both Hold'Em and Omaha hands.twodimes.net Odds Calculator - Good for Hold'Em, Omaha, Stud, Stud 8, Razz, and 2-7 Triple Draw.SNG Power Tools - Sit n go equity calculator.Hand ConvertersBad Beats and Good Vibes - Works for almost every poker site, for any Hold'Em and Omaha game.Flop, Turn, River - Great for PokerStars and Party Poker hands.7 Card Stud Converter - Works for most sites, for any form of 7 Card Stud.Triple Draw Converter - For PokerStars 2-7 TD games, FL, PL, and NL.Live GamesHome Game Organizer - A good clock software to run organize home game tournaments.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post seems really out of date, so I'd like to suggest a few more tools which are great for poker players of all abilities and bankrolls. This article lists some of the ones I currently use such a

Posted Images

I'd recommend adding DogWatch Handgrabber and Arnold Snyder's Poker Tournament Formula spreadsheet. PokerStove should also be on there.

What about places like PokerSourceOnline.com or BonusWhores.com? I also think a link to P5's strategy archives is a good idea-
Good idea. Advertise strategy forums that aren't ours.

Has anyone used Dogwatch handgrabber with Bodog ?How much does it cost ? I couldn't find that info on their website without downloading their program.Should I be concerned that their liscensing says they do not guarantee their program is bug free ?

Has anyone used Dogwatch handgrabber with Bodog ?How much does it cost ? I couldn't find that info on their website without downloading their program.Should I be concerned that their liscensing says they do not guarantee their program is bug free ?
It works fine, and a license costs like $19.95...which actually buys you the ability to use it on two computers. It has occasionally been a bit buggy and it didn't (might now) keep track of mucked opponent cards. That said, it's still a pretty functional and useful program. You can download it and "demo" the lower stakes games.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some add on programs that make hotkeys and stuff for quick betting and things like that. Anyone know what those are? I know the 2+2ers use them. They should be on this list.Mark

There are some add on programs that make hotkeys and stuff for quick betting and things like that. Anyone know what those are? I know the 2+2ers use them. They should be on this list.Mark
Hey Mark, looks like most players use a program called Auto Hotkeys. I've never used it myself, but let me know if any of these links are helpful and I'll add it the list.http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com/onlin...-play28144.htmlhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...part=1&vc=1http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...part=1&vc=1

What HUD stats are people keeping up on screen? In addition to the regulars I want Cbet% and Fold to Cbet% but it feels like it's making my screen a little too crowded. Am I being too ambitious? What are you guys using?

What HUD stats are people keeping up on screen? In addition to the regulars I want Cbet% and Fold to Cbet% but it feels like it's making my screen a little too crowded. Am I being too ambitious? What are you guys using?
pahud.png

questions regarding cwik's spreadsheet. btw, this is the best thing since sliced bread. thank you sosososososo much.anyway, under the sit and go tab i enter the SNG entry and then have to manually fill out the total profit. on the first one the total number was a profit (it is noted in green in the cell [cell 15/0]), but it marks it as a negative above. also, it doesn't automatically calculate "total bankroll", is there a way to do this or do i do it manually each time?thanks again cwik. i am seriously forever in your debt, and if there's anything you ever need (help on your english home work to a stake in a tourney) don't hesitate to ask.luv.

questions regarding cwik's spreadsheet. btw, this is the best thing since sliced bread. thank you sosososososo much.anyway, under the sit and go tab i enter the SNG entry and then have to manually fill out the total profit. on the first one the total number was a profit (it is noted in green in the cell [cell 15/0]), but it marks it as a negative above. also, it doesn't automatically calculate "total bankroll", is there a way to do this or do i do it manually each time?thanks again cwik. i am seriously forever in your debt, and if there's anything you ever need (help on your english home work to a stake in a tourney) don't hesitate to ask.luv.
Try switching to another tab and back. That worked for me.