Seals With Clubs?

a friend of mine told me that i should try online poker and im finally going to give it a shot. i was interested in the idea of bitcoins and found a site called sealswithclubs. does anyone know if this site is legit?

a friend of mine told me that i should try online poker and im finally going to give it a shot. i was interested in the idea of bitcoins and found a site called sealswithclubs. does anyone know if this site is legit?

Despite the naysayers, it's legit. I've been on it since around October, but I believe it has been around for over a year. Some cools things about the site are that the customer service is great and deposits and withdraws are the fastest online. If you don't trust the site, just withdraw your bitcoins back to your wallet every time you're finished with your session. It's honestly one of the best options available in the US now. Link is in my sig.

I am curious about this site if anyone can provide any feedback.

My instinct tells me that since it is cumbersome to get money on that it would be loaded with regulars, does anyone know? Also, is there decent traffic on the site?

I understand the risks of an American playing online with a site connected to Micon, I am willing to put up a small enough stake that losing that won't bother me.

If anyone regularly plays small stakes on the site I would appreciate the feedback

Here's the extremely long 2+2 thread...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/seals-clubs-bitcoin-poker-room-1248197/

It can be a little annoying to initially get bitcoins, but there are a decent number of avenues to do it. Once you get them, moving them around is really easy/fast.

As for stakes, going to depend on time of day, but at the moment, there are a number of ~5nl games going. There are also tables going ranging up to around ~200nl. Some Omaha/O8 and some SNGs. MTT schedule tends to be fairly limited, but there's some okay micro stuff in addition to the Sundays.

Thanks for the feedback. After looking around a bit I decided that Bovata (Bodog) was an easier option. That mixed with the distrust of Micon made my decision. The selection of games is thin, and the fact they hide the players names is kind of odd. I hope they legalize it soon so that the fish can come back!

Thanks for the feedback. After looking around a bit I decided that Bovata (Bodog) was an easier option. That mixed with the distrust of Micon made my decision. The selection of games is thin, and the fact they hide the players names is kind of odd. I hope they legalize it soon so that the fish can come back!

After I checked SWC out, the big question for me was proof of a large withdrawal having been successfully made and transferred into cash. I could not find any. This whole bitcoin thing sounds like just a way to make money off of other people's money, anyway. And I cannot imagine Governments sitting back for long while someone creates their own currency and profits from it. I think I'll wait until it either takes off or is proven solid.

If you want light traffic with lots of fish, try this site; Poker Dominicano: http://pokerdominicano.com/ They take cash and have had legit withdrawls.

• Like 1

After I checked SWC out, the big question for me was proof of a large withdrawal having been successfully made and transferred into cash. I could not find any. This whole bitcoin thing sounds like just a way to make money off of other people's money, anyway. And I cannot imagine Governments sitting back for long while someone creates their own currency and profits from it. I think I'll wait until it either takes off or is proven solid.

Well, I converted a little over $2k in Bitcoins back to USD relatively quickly the other day. The conversion honestly takes seconds depending on the price...most vig is relatively quite small.

• 5 months later...

hm.. it also turns out, Dutch Boyd was the lead developer of seals with clubs..

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?3125-Dutch-Boyd-Lead-Developer-SealsWithClubs-com

for those of you who don't remember, Boyd started one of the first major online poker sites, pokerspot, in 2000. And then, because of mismanagement, the site went down and he wasn't able to pay people back ( I wasn't sure of the details). IT was the first big online poker scandal. I'd feel great that he's working on this project, if I were a SWC player

hm.. it also turns out, Dutch Boyd was the lead developer of seals with clubs..

http://pokerfraudale...lsWithClubs-com

for those of you who don't remember, Boyd started one of the first major online poker sites, pokerspot, in 2000. And then, because of mismanagement, the site went down and he wasn't able to pay people back ( I wasn't sure of the details). IT was the first big online poker scandal. I'd feel great that he's working on this project, if I were a SWC player

Pokerspot had no working capital and when their credit card processor ripped them off it left them with no money. It was very very common for credit card processors to rip off online gaming companies but they basically had all their eggs in the one basket.

Pokerspot wasn't a major site but they did have the first multi table tournament software. I never made a deposit there since I was always very careful with new sites and the way their support answered some questions that a friend of mine had made me concerned.

wasn't dutch boyd a borderline personality or a schizophrenic of some kind? i remember them making a deal about it on tv.

He has his issues for sure.

Did seals with clubs pass your screening test?

I'm Canadian so can play at Stars so I don't look for any other sites now. I wouldn't put money into any site that currently serves the US Black Market for poker since I don't have to.

So then the next day I go over to Gianna's to take a bath. She and my brother Bobby (who is still living over there) had gotten two kittens a few weeks ago. G's was called Tiger Lily and Bobby's was a black cat called Hex. Anyway, on to the story...

I'm drawing the bath and then remember that I need to go get my clothes. I head out to my car, get the clothes, and come back into the house. When I get into the bathroom, though, I see that Tiger Lily had jumped into the bathtub and drowned. She was submerged in the steaming hot water and not moving at all.

I was in shock for a split second, but then I snatched her out of the bathtub right quick, brought her onto the carpet, and started doing mouth to mouth on her. She was really hot from the bath water, so I picked her back up and ran some cold water over her from the sink, then back to mouth to mouth. Bobby came out and saw it, and immediately snatches up hex and locked him in his room. I'm trying really hard to save this kitten... turn it upside down so that the water can escape it's lungs. Keep giving it mouth to mouth and then five hard presses on her little kitty chest. That's when Gianna wakes up and sees what I was doing. She just stares at me and says in horror, "what the *blank* happened?!?"

I didn't know what to say. I was really scared she'd think I did it on purpose, or blame me for the accident. And I was feeling really bad about the kitten. I got a little choked up, shook my head, and said "I swear to God, baby, I didn't do it!" Then back to the mouth to mouth.

Gianna started crying frantically and I told her to call a vet. She did, tried to talk to them, but couldn't really get any words out between crying hiccups. So I took the phone and they said there wasn't anything I could do at home and that I could take her to the emergency room. I was thinking of yelling something to the lady, like "LOOK, LADY!!! THIS KITTEN IS NOT GOING TO MAKE IT TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM! ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?!?" Instead I just kept trying until it was over.

I think anytime something like this happens, it's a weird process that goes on. First you blame everyone else, then you blame yourself, and then you start blaming God and that's a bad path. The craziest thing is that I got that little kitten to start breathing again and it had a pulse again. But it's blood temperature was so high, I really don't think there was anything anyone could have done to save her once she jumped in.

We had a funeral for the kitten. I wrapped her in the shirt I was wearing, which happened to be the same shirt I wore at the tournament. It's "My Lucky Shirt"... at least that's what it says on the front. But it's really not to lucky at all, I guess. So I thought it appropriate to wrap her in the lucky shirt, put her in a shoe box, and bury her in the back yard. Gianna put in a little car that she liked to play with, Bobby put in a memore chip, and I put in a little money so that Tiger Lily could pay the Ferry-man.

Anyway, I hope that's not too disturbing of a story. It was very disturbing to live. Rest in peace Tiger Lily... may we play some day with that great big ball of yarn in the sky.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/nevada-ag-charges-online-poker-operator-who-used-bitcoin

The Nevada Attorney General’s Office and state gaming regulators are pursuing the operator of an unlicensed online poker site in what’s believed to be first prosecution of its kind by the state.

Attorney General Adam Laxalt has scheduled a news conference Tuesday to give details of a case against Bryan Micon and his Bitcoin-fueled Seals with Clubs poker site, which was shut down Feb. 11.

An arrest warrant was issued against Micon in Las Vegas Justice Court on Monday on one count of operating an unlicensed interactive gaming system. The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Speaking from Antigua in a YouTube video in late February, Micon described a raid of his Las Vegas home.

“A bunch of guys with guns broke down my door, put me in handcuffs, serving a warrant from the Nevada gaming commission,” he said.

The 10 agents “stole most of my electronics,” he added.

Court papers filed Monday state that Micon operated Seals with Clubs, which accepted Bitcoin digital currency, between March 1, 2014 and Feb. 9, 2015 “without first procuring and thereafter maintaining in effect the required licenses.”

Micon promptly shut down Seals With Clubs, but then launched a new Bitcoin poker site, SwCPoker.eu.

“All the Bitcoins were safe,” he said in his YouTube statement, encouraging players to pull their currency from the former site. “Math does not bow to guns.”

Micon was not charged with a crime in February, and it was unclear whether he was still in Antigua when the $20,000 arrest warrant was issued Monday.

“After I was led out in handcuffs in my underwear, it was pretty clear that it was proper to leave sooner rather than later,” he said in the video. “And I didn’t really want my 2-year-old daughter, whom I love very much to grow up in a police state where creativity is often met with guns, handcuffs.”

He said the gaming authorities indicated that they were familiar with his “social feeds and my entire output as a journalist.”

He continued: “I don’t think I was doing anything unethical.”

Micon also supported himself with revenue from live and online poker winnings and operation of legal websites dealing with news about gaming and Bitcoin.

Reached through email Monday, Micon directed inquiries to his lawyer.