Nut-full House But With 4 Cards On The Board

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.02/$0.055 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $9.53CO: $10.17Button: $9.56Daniel Negreanu: $4.93BB: $4.35Pre-flop: (5 players) Daniel Negreanu is SB with Q :club: 8 :D UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, Daniel Negreanu calls, BB checks.Flop: 3 :D 5 :D 8 :) ($0.25, 5 players)Daniel Negreanu bets $0.15, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.Turn: 3 :D ($0.85, 4 players)Daniel Negreanu checks, UTG bets $0.2, CO folds, Button calls, Daniel Negreanu calls.River: 8 :) ($1.45, 3 players)Daniel Negreanu bets $1.35, UTG raises to $2.7, Button raises all-in $9.16, Daniel Negreanu calls all-in $3.18, UTG calls all-in $6.43.Uncalled bets: $0.03 returned to Button.Results:Final pot: $19.64

I lead the turn here.85 would be the nut full house here. :club:
UPPS, you right. And do you call???I mean everyone can guess that I wouldnt post it, if I would have won that hand. So YES he had the Quads 33. But the question is, do you give quads a thought, when havin a FH like mine.
UPPS, you right. And do you call???I mean everyone can guess that I wouldnt post it, if I would have won that hand. So YES he had the Quads 33. But the question is, do you give quads a thought, when havin a FH like mine.
you can give it a thought but unless its live poker not even the best players are gonna get away from that. i say unless live poker cause then a good player could use physical tells to put the villain on quads. and even then its still hard to get away from
Yeah I call. If he has quads he has quads.

it's somewhat troubling that 3 people are expressing such interest in the pot, but it's not like you can fold either.Don't always post hands taht you lose. Just becuase you lose a big hand, doesn't mean that it was played poorly or even that it's necessarily interesting. You really have no choice with this hand, so where does the strategy discussion come from?

it's somewhat troubling that 3 people are expressing such interest in the pot, but it's not like you can fold either.Don't always post hands taht you lose. Just becuase you lose a big hand, doesn't mean that it was played poorly or even that it's necessarily interesting. You really have no choice with this hand, so where does the strategy discussion come from?
For you Mr.Acid Knight:The strategy-question is, that if there is a lot of action on the river, you seem to have the third nuts (Second best FH possible, maybe best, if you say 85 isnt likely).The point is when I bet out the river and got raised, what does the last player put us both on to Re-Raise again. So there is a strategyquestion in this if you didnt get it... I mean he (the last player) saw bet, raise and reraises himself. If I were him, I would have called with my hand (just one eight). But he decided to reraise, so what does he think can call this. I think its pretty obvious that he can beat a single 8 in the hole.I find this a strategydiscussion, if you dont I am sorry for that.
For you Mr.Acid Knight:The strategy-question is, that if there is a lot of action on the river, you seem to have the third nuts (Second best FH possible, maybe best, if you say 85 isnt likely).The point is when I bet out the river and got raised, what does the last player put us both on to Re-Raise again. So there is a strategyquestion in this if you didnt get it... I mean he (the last player) saw bet, raise and reraises himself. If I were him, I would have called with my hand (just one eight). But he decided to reraise, so what does he think can call this. I think its pretty obvious that he can beat a single 8 in the hole.I find this a strategydiscussion, if you dont I am sorry for that.
I agree with you that you're probably in trouble here, and you know it. It's like, well, there are only two 8s left in the deck, I have one of them and 3 people are betting. I'm a little worried.Often here you're getting called by a hand that you beat (maybe a 3x) and raised by the guy you tie (with 8x). Sometimes one of them has an overpair. Sometimes one of them has 5s full. Sometimes people misread the board and don't realize what the best hand is. Lots of things happen. And sometimes you're up against quads.The point that I'm trying to make is that at the stakes you're playing, without having really deep stacks, you just gotta stick your chips in there. You played the hand fine, you just happened to lose.I was mostly pointing out that the hands that you seem to be posting are ones that kind of seem to play themselves where you have a big hand and yet are findign yourself at the wrong end of a cooler. The thing about coolers is that your hand is too big to be folding. Unless someone manages to turn over their hand before you have called and they show the unlikely hand that beats yours, then there's really no way to be folding.I guess the point I was trying ot make (and I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, becuase you posting here and trying to learn is awesome) is that sometimes there's not really much strategy to discuss becuase you have to play the hand a certain way anyway because of the strength of your hand. This is one of those cases.
I guess the point I was trying ot make (and I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, becuase you posting here and trying to learn is awesome) is that sometimes there's not really much strategy to discuss becuase you have to play the hand a certain way anyway because of the strength of your hand. This is one of those cases.
OK. But I didnt post that hand because I lost against Quads. I posted it, because i wanted to know from you (the better players), whether there is a way of letting even a FH go, because of the river action.I dont want to hear "Oh you got so unlucky I know this feeling, poor guy..." or stuff like that.I just wanted to discuss, whether there is a way of folding a FH.Thats the point.
OK. But I didnt post that hand because I lost against Quads. I posted it, because i wanted to know from you (the better players), whether there is a way of letting even a FH go, because of the river action.I dont want to hear "Oh you got so unlucky I know this feeling, poor guy..." or stuff like that.I just wanted to discuss, whether there is a way of folding a FH.Thats the point.
Yes there are times when you fold a full house on heavy river action. Do to stack sizes and the level you are playing this certainly isn't one of those times.