A Player Complains In The Horse Event...

So I'm reading the pro blogs for teh HORSE event when I stumble across this gem:

There was a controversy that happened during a hand. I won't mention the players name, but pretty sure I was angled shot. What occurred was I had an oversized chip in on the turn. So on the river I just said - "Bet." And the player to act after me checked behind. As soon as I saw him say check, I corrected it and said again - " Bet." Three people at the table confirmed they heard me say bet.We had to call the floor over. The player lied to the floor. Once the floor got there he exposed his cards. But he said he exposed the cards as soon as I had checked. Which I hadn't ever checked. The floor ruled that because his cards were exposed, that the check had to stand. So... I'm kind of on tilt a bit from that. I would have gotten an extra $2,000 on the river in that hand.
What's so funny about it? The player who complained was zeejustin.Zing!
So I'm reading the pro blogs for teh HORSE event when I stumble across this gem:What's so funny about it? The player who complained was zeejustin.Zing!
loland the hits just keep on comin!!!
loland the hits just keep on comin!!!
LOL... yep, I guess I just jumped on the "bandwagon". Now all this thread needs is some multi-justin jopke.
so zeejustin complained about getting screwed out of a river bet in a 50k tournament, why is it different than anyone else complaining?
Why play dumb like that? Someone who's admitted to unethical behavior in the past, complaining of someone else's unethical behavior, doesn't, at least reasonably, sting of irony? I too, am tired of the ZeeJustin jokes and photoshops of 9 Justin's at the same table, but, I did have to smirk at this post.
I too, am tired of the ZeeJustin jokes and photoshops of 9 Justin's at the same table.
Im getting tired of the guy that keeps posting his cartoons of the regulars in off-topic....Just look at poor Ron Mexico and renaedawn....tasteless!beans3.jpg
Why play dumb like that? Someone who's admitted to unethical behavior in the past, complaining of someone else's unethical behavior, doesn't, at least reasonably, sting of irony? I too, am tired of the ZeeJustin jokes and photoshops of 9 Justin's at the same table, but, I did have to smirk at this post.
I'm not playing dumb at all. I used to think there's no way to ever forgive the guy, but he made a mistake, publically admitted it, and its just time to move on. I used to play sit and gos and share hole cards with my friends on occasion, sure it's obv unethical but I'm not the same person as I was back then and I don't think he is either. Let it go guys.
I'm not playing dumb at all. I used to think there's no way to ever forgive the guy, but he made a mistake, publically admitted it, and its just time to move on. I used to play sit and gos and share hole cards with my friends on occasion, sure it's obv unethical but I'm not the same person as I was back then and I don't think he is either. Let it go guys.
By the resounding response to this thread I think it's apparent that most people have let it go. In a public blog, he drew attention to the 'fact' he had been affronted. It was commented on. Irony ensued. I don't think the OP brought it to our attention so that we could all crucify him again. Think of it as a funny forward/joke e-mail. If he did as he said he did, I know three dozen other people who did much more heinous and +EV maneuevers, on this site alone. Really, I don't care. But to pretend the irony isn't palpable or is non-existant as a whole, is silly. Good luck at the series, sir. Rootin' for ya.

The player lied to the floor. Once the floor got there he exposed his cards. But he said he exposed the cards as soon as I had checked.Am I the only one that right away guesses Sam Grizzle?

Well that ^^^^ lastest long.LOL @ people thinking ZJ has no right to complain about unethical behaviour because he once did something unethical. I robbed a bottle of coke from a shop when I was 5. Last week someone stole my car and burnt it out. I didn't do anything about it though, coz, u know, the irony and whatnot. ZJ is a fantastic tournament player, why can't people just focus on that

Well that ^^^^ lastest long.LOL @ people thinking ZJ has no right to complain about unethical behaviour because he once did something unethical. I robbed a bottle of coke from a shop when I was 5. Last week someone stole my car and burnt it out. I didn't do anything about it though, coz, u know, the irony and whatnot. ZJ is a fantastic tournament player, why can't people just focus on that
I agree, but the story still sounds fishy to me: Bonomo put a big chip into the middle on the turn, why didn't the dealer give him change immidiately? If his opponent had won the hand, would he have gotten the left over without matching the bet? Just saying "bet" without moving chips in is weird (and apparently not everyone heard him say that) - if I'm playing against someone who does that, I'd assume he checked also if I miss his verbal declaration and even if I hear it I would be confused.

Yeah, I also should mention this:Generally, if you are only hearing one person's view of the story, that's just one side to it, and possibly a bias opinion of the events.That goes for everybody

I was at the next table and felt like Justin was definitely getting screwed. The hand was against Robert Williamson. The first floorman made the right ruling, but I believe that the second floorman that overruled him was incorrect.

That's weird. Why didn't the dealer give him change for his chip on the turn already?
I'm wondering that myself. That would've avoided the whole situation.
Anyone get the real point? Zee Justin isnt as good live as on the computer with his grandmas', aunts, boyfriends, girlfriends, roomates in the same tourney.
Wrong guy. And obviously him getting angled totally proves that he isn't as good live, to hell with his results.

Wow... It seems that I touched on a charged issue with this thread. Like DrawingDead suggested, I was only posting this for the amusing irony of a player with zeejustin's checkered history complaining about angle-shooting.For the record, I think the zeejustin incident is in the past: he cheated, he got caught, he paid the price. End of story.He is certainly entitled to raise an alarm if he feels he is being cheated or angled at the poker tables. What is more, if I were at a table with him when he suspected unethical play was occuring, I would *want* him to complain about it. It just may happen that he noticed something that I didn't, and his bringing attention to it saves me from being cheated. At the same time, he should expect some (harmless) ribbing to follow that complaint, given his history.

Read critically, please.Who said he couldn't or shouldn't complain? I don't think 'irony' means what you think it means.